As Design Week and IBM launch the Age of Design project, we ask a panel of design experts to tell us why they think businesses are so keen to use design and design thinking at the moment.
We talk to:
• Phil Gilbert, general manager of IBM Design;
• Mat Hunter, director of strategy at Central Research Laboratory;
• Malcolm Garrett, creative director of Images&Co;
• Clive Grinyer, process improvement director for Premier Banking at Barclays; and
• Anna Bateson, director of global consumer marketing at YouTube.
They tell us about why they think design has become so desirable for businesses and other organisations, and identify the challenges and opportunities for designers and the organisations they work with.
Our panel of design experts will be providing commentary throughout the Age of Design project. To find out more about them visit: ageofdesign.designweek.co.uk/experts.